Show Side Menu
To view, print or save our practice booklet, click here
Practice News
Call 111 - When it is less urgent than 999


Meningitis ACWY

Young people starting university aged 25 or under

Various sub groups of meningococcal disease can spread quickly in areas where people live closely to each other:

    • in university halls of residence
  • in shared accommodation

If you’re aged 25 or under, about to start university for the first time and haven’t yet had the MenACWY vaccination, you should ask your GP for the vaccine. Even if you have previously received the Men C vaccine you should still now ask for the MenACWY vaccine.

Ideally, you should get the vaccine at least two weeks before you start university. If you don’t get the vaccine before going to university you should contact a GP in the university health centre and arrange to get the vaccine.

You can ask at reception or university health centre for more information about the vaccine.

Local Services, Let